This privacy notice sets out how Abracadbra Leaflet Distribution Ltd. uses and protects any information you give us when you use this website or provide information through other means.
Abracadabra Leaflet Distribution Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Abracadabra Leaflet Distribution Ltd. may change this notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 12th of June 2018
We do not trade personal data for commercial purposes and will only disclose information with your consent or if contractually or legally obligated.
To contact us with a data protection query regarding the processing of your personal data, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
On May 25th, 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation, commonly known as GDPR, comes into effect replacing the Data Protection Act that has been in place since 1998. The GDPR is Europe’s new framework for data protection laws – it replaces the previous 1995 data protection directive, which current UK law is based upon.
In the full text of GDPR there are 99 articles setting out the rights of individuals and obligations placed on organisations covered by the regulation. These include allowing people to have easier access to the data companies hold about them, a new fines regime and a clear responsibility for organisations to obtain the consent of people they collect.
Under the terms of GDPR, employers may need to provide more information on data processes, such as how long personal data will be stored for, as well as be required by law to report any data breaches within 72 hours of occurrence.
The GDPR requires personal data to be processed in a manner that ensures its security.
This legislation will replace current data privacy law, giving more rights to you as an individual and more obligations to organisations holding your personal data.
One of the rights is a right to be informed, which means we have to give you even more information than we do now about the way in which we use, share and store your personal information.
Details of our processing
We believe that all these processes are justified on the basis of our legitimate interests in running and promoting the business, out contractual requirements to deliver the agreed service to you, and our legal obligations set out below:
As a customer, we will hold the following information about you:
– Demographic information; i.e. Postcode, address and telephone number
– Sales/Invoice history
– Your contact history, transaction history
– Billing and payment information
– Other information relevant to customer enquiries concerning products and services
How your personal information is collected
- We collect most of this personal information directly from you — in person, by telephone, text or email and/or via our website
What we do with the information we gather
We use your personal data to meet our contractual requirement to support us in supplying our service to you. Personal data is used in compliance with the law. We also use your information to invoice you and to keep track of any payments made.
Information about you will be retained concerning our business relationship for up to 8 years. We will retain financial records for up to 8 years.
Where your information is held
Information may be held at our offices and those of our third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share personal information with:
Third parties we use to help deliver our services to you, e.g. payment service providers and our cloud system. Other third parties we use to help us run our business, e.g. website suppliers. We also share information with our banks.
As a supplier to Abracadabra Leaflet Distribution Ltd. we will hold the following information about you:
- Name, job title and contact information
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Purchase/Invoice history
- Payment information
Information about you will be retained concerning our business for up to 8 years. We will retain financial record for 8 years, following the end of the current financial year.
As a prospective employee, we will hold the following information about you:
– Your name, contact information (CV).
– Proof of your qualifications.
All of the information you provide during the recruitment process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process to unauthorised personnel. The information you provide will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide us to contact you to progress your application.
We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
We will retain information about you under these circumstances:
– If you are successful, the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as a part of your employee file for the duration of your employment plus 40 years following the end of your employment to be compliant with our employers liability insurance.
– If you are not selected for interview your information will not be retained by The Gutter Cleaning people. Where permission is obtained, we will retain your CV for up to 3 months from date of notification that you have been unsuccessful.
How we work with our subcontractors
We may have to communicate your personal information to our subcontractors.
– supplying a subcontractor with your address for the purposes of work to be carried out.
– Order placed with us will involve sharing your data with delivery data carriers.
– Third party agencies running promotions
When we use subcontractors we ensure that they process your data only for the purposes and for the time that have been determined by Abracadabra Leaflet Distribution Ltd. We ensure that the persons authorised to process your personal data have committed themselves to confidentiality and that they implement high levels of security. We ensure that our subcontractor does not subcontract it’ work out with our consent.
Contact us via social media
We do not share your information with any 3rd party. Your information is used exclusively for providing customer service. Facebook data is used for engagement analytics.
We will monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses and malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of law.
Visitors to our website & Cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
The cookies issued by our Site are used for:
– obtaining statistical data about the use and volumes of visits to our site in order to improve the performance of our services. We use Google Analytics. The information collected is aggregated and does not allow individual identification.
To find out more about Google Analytics : www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tool.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
– Adapting the presentation of our Site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.)
– Memorising the information you have transmitted to our Sire to facilitate access to your account to avoid your having to identify yourself several times in one session.
Cookies issued on our Site by third party applications
We do not use any third party application on our website such as the Facebook or Twitter social network buttons
Management of your preferences concerning cookies
You may choose to save the cookies on your terminal or refuse them by configuring your browser. As the configuration of each browser will be different, please find below the information which will help you to find out how to modify your settings regarding Cookies. You may also visit the Site http://youronlinechoices.com, and follow the instructions proposed by this Site to help you control, authorise or block the cookies held in your terminal.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/ help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Safari : http://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
We store data electronically in a password protected manner and in filed paper forms.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised
access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial
procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Individual Rights to data
As an individual whose personal data is processed by Abracadabra Leaflet Distribution Ltd. you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
- The right to rectification
- Individuals have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- The right to erasure
- Subject to legal conditions and if approved, all personal data must be deleted (emails/files/paper etc.)
- The right to object
- g. Individuals have the absolute right to stop their data being used for direct marketing.
Guidance to these rights can be found at : https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general -data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If, at any time, you want to use your rights, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reply to you within 1 month of receipt of your request. We may ask you to confirm your identity.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Officer: https//ico.org.uk
The most up-to-date version of our policy will be available always at www.targeted-distribution.co.uk